Are you interested in studying at Babcock University, a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning in Nigeria? If yes, then you need to know the admission requirements and how to apply for the 2023/2024 academic session. In this post, we will guide you through the steps and provide you with the necessary information to secure your admission at Babcock University.
Babcock University Admission Requirements
The minimum admission requirements for Babcock University are as follows:
- A minimum of five (5) credits at the GCE/SSCE/NECO Examinations or their equivalent (at not more than two sittings); one sitting only for Medicine.
- You must meet Babcock University Cut-Off Marks, A minimum of 180 UTME score for all courses except Medicine and Dentistry.
- Candidates below 15 years of age are advised not to apply.
- Candidates awaiting 2023 WAEC/NECO/SSCE results will be required to present acceptable qualifications before matriculation.
- All candidates who apply directly to Babcock University are required to sit for the current JAMB examination (for 100 Level) or apply for JAMB Direct Entry admissions (for Direct Entry).
- Candidates applying for Transfer Admissions need to present a JAMB Admission letter, Transcript, and Attestation Letter from the previous University.
- The application is also open to foreign applicants provided they meet the general entry and JAMB requirements.
Babcock University offers various programs in the following schools:
- School of Education & Humanities
- School of Law & Security Studies
- School of Management Sciences
- Veronica Adeleke School of Social Sciences
- School of Science & Technology
- School of Computing & Engineering Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Science
- School of Public & Allied Health
- School of Nursing Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Environmental Sciences ”
Babcock University Application Process
To apply for admission at Babcock University, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Babcock University Admission portal to start the application process.
- Create an account with a valid email address and phone number.
- Log in to your account and fill out the application form with your personal and academic details.
- Upload your passport photograph, scanned copies of your credentials, and other required documents.
- Pay the application fee of N2,000 online or at any branch of Wema Bank, Diamond Bank, or Zenith Bank with the generated e-invoice.
- Print out your application form and payment receipt.
- Wait for the screening date and venue to be communicated to you via email or SMS.
- Attend the screening exercise with your original and photocopies of your credentials, application form, payment receipt, and birth certificate.
- Check the admission list to see if you have been offered admission.
- Accept your admission offer and pay the acceptance fee online or at any of the designated banks.
- Print out your admission letter and other documents.
- Complete the online registration and clearance process.
- Report to the campus for physical verification and orientation.
Can I enter Babcock without JAMB?
No, you cannot enter Babcock without JAMB. All prospective candidates applying to Babcock University are required to sit for the UTME examination of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and attain the prescribed cut-off mark. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian Universities. Candidates are required to apply for programs of their choice by filling out the JAMB registration forms.
Is Babcock admission still open?
Yes, Babcock admission is still open for the 2023/2024 academic session. You will need to create login details with a valid email address and telephone number to obtain your password. Then you will need to fill out the form, upload your passport photograph, select the screening center and date of screening, and make payment of ₦2,350.00 for the application fees
Does Babcock accept JAMB?
Yes, Babcock accepts JAMB. It is mandatory for all candidates who apply directly to Babcock University to sit for the current JAMB examination (for 100 Level) or apply for JAMB Direct Entry admissions (for Direct Entry). Babcock University’s Jamb Minimum Cut off for the 2023/2024 Academic Session is 170
Babcock University offers quality education and development to its students. If you want to be part of this academic community, you need to meet the admission requirements and apply before the deadline. We hope this post has been helpful to you and we wish you all the best in your admission process.